Tuesday, November 6, 2012

6-7 months

I'm a little behind on Liam's monthly updates. Not because I didn't have a chance or I was too busy or anything, but because there wasn't a lot to update on.

But, Liam made the most progress developmentally shortly after his 6 month birthday. He can now officially role over both ways (although he hasn't quit realized that rolling over can get him to different places, which gives me more time before he's all over the place), he can scoot on his belly to reach things (sorta), he has TWO, count 'em, TWO bottom teeth, he has discovered his voice which has resulted in a lot of high pitched screaming, he LOVES LOVES LOVES food and screams in between every bite because I can't feed him fast enough, he can sit up completely by himself, and he has had his first Halloween. He's also become quite the mamma's boy. Like if I put him in his bouncer to go to the restroom he gets upset until I return. I put him down quite often just so he doesn't get super attached to being with me at all times. Sometimes I even let him cry if I can't hold him at that moment. But I guess someone learns to love being near someone if they're with them all day and all night. He also doesn't sleep through the night anymore. I don't know why he's regressed in that way, because he slept through the night around 3-4 months old and is no longer doing it. It may have been from the move, or growing, or teething, or all of the above. All I know is he is coming up on 8 months old and this mommy would REALLY love a good nights sleep again. And not just one night here and there, but regular, consistent sleep. Hopefully soon.

The last few months have been really fun. We've gone to the pumpkin patch and went trick or treating, amongst other fun things! I haven't taken him to his wellness checkup but I entered his head size, weight, and length into an online generator and he's in about the 20th-30th percentile for everything. He's currently 27 inches long, about 17 lbs, and I can't remember his head size! But I think it's around 17 inches.

I'll have to upload his 6 month pics, his pumpkin patch pics, and Halloween pics. I love living near my sister who's an excellent photographer and loves to take photos of my beautiful baby! I finally got my desktop outta storage but it's not set up. So hopefully soon I'll get that going and be able to upload real pictures and feel a little more comfortable living at my parents house if I had my own computer accessible.

So that's my boy! My goal is to get him to a wellness checkup soon so I can have real stats on his size. Love my big boy more than anything!!! :)

3 comments:

  1. Another little lion man and SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the little newsies cap! So cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is such a doll... you should check with your pediatrician but all the ones I every went to told me I could just bring baby in when I wanted them weighed or length check without an appointment :)

    ReplyDelete